Toddler and Dad approved, Bookofyum.com‘s crunchy twist on a usually soft favorite is low in carbs, gluten free and high in protein, too. It’s also Vegan! Translation: Roasted chickpeas? Yes, Please!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
- herb blend, herbamare or other mild herbal salt blend (salt-free
- is ok)
- smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain chickpeas in a strainer. If you desire a lower sodium batch, rinse with water.
- Place in a bowl lined with a cloth towel.
- Pat the chickpeas dry and rub off any translucent skins. Turn the towel wrapped chickpeas upside down into the bowl, removing the towel.
- Drizzle the oil over the chickpeas, distributing evenly.
- Pour the chickpeas onto the baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with your herb blend, herbamare, smoked paprika, and then nutritional yeast.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes.
You can receive more healthy recipes right in your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter! Click here to sign-up today! Be sure to come back and let us know how your chickpeas turned out!